Friday, August 4, 2017

Selamat HARI RAYA! - June 25

OKE HI FAMBAM!

To end the month of Ramahdan, the beautiful and incredible Muslim people here celebrate HARI RAYA! Which is actually the best holiday because it is basically Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years, and the 4th of July combined. On the 25th and 26th, and the week leading to it, and the week after it, everyone gathers with their family- including close friends, and neighbors, and they just make food, eat, and share it with everyone and anyone. So we will walk through a neighborhood and a family will invite us in to eat or we will bike through a main street and everyonnneee is selling food. It is LEGIT! And it is like the 4th because fireworks dong! All night long, and even during the day too HAHA. I LOVE INDONESIA!!!

This week I went on splits with my MTC comp/soul sister, Sister Nuku and it was a day that went down in history. I love her with my wholeeeee heart<3 

With Sis Rowntree and I as comps, there is always something weird that happens, and always something funny. Everyday people ask her where in Papua she is from because she is black, and where in Indo I am from because I am brown. Our favorite game to play with strangers is "Guess where I am from". We have come up with an elaborate lie too.. I am tired of Ibus and Bapas trying to set me up with their son, so we have come to a conclusion that we have boyfriends in America already. And that we are planning to marry those boyfriends already.. BUT HASHTAG NOT TRUE AND HASHTAG JUST TRYING TO AVOID ARRANGED MARRIAGES. That isn't a sin right????

And as for crazy- we taught a pendeta this week. He was a pastor of his church, and he was super keras. But what was so cool was that we testified so strongly of Jesus Christ as our Savior and Redeemer, and I think his heart softened a little. He said the closing prayer and he actually recognized us as God's servants and expressed thanks for our visit with him.

and as for the MUKJIZAT- Our lovely investigator accepted a baptisimal date! And another attended church this week! When we taught the Plan of Salvation to her this last week, the Spirit was almost tangible. We taught her about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and she teared up. Teaching in a 90% Muslim country is incredible because honestly, Muslim people are the most Christlike people I have ever met, yet they know little about Christ. 

AND I feel so blessed to teach His Gospel, to teach His doctrine, and to invite them to come closer to our Savior. 

I love Jesus Christ, and I am indebted to His infinite love and mercy. The words to the hymn 'I Believe in Christ" ring true to my heart as I sing it! 

I believe in Christ, He is my King! With all my heart, to Him, I'll sing!

I love you all, and I feel your prayers! Thank you to the 3 people that email me, you know who you are and I love and appreciate you :"")) and thanks to the ones that send me letters too! I feel your love all the way in Indo:)

dengan kasih, Sister Ratu 










No comments:

Post a Comment