Sunday, August 13, 2017

Merinding: Indo Edition - August 6

Homedoges yg terkasihku<3
The weather is still really nice in Malang- it reminds me exactly of mah hood in Orange County California. Everyday feels like a great 73 degree day with the sun and a slight breeze, a great day for the beach kinda day! And the smiling people are still so wonderful, and sate ayam is still so good. Parkir friends, the kaki lima friends, becak friends, the Indomaret friends. Indonesia is just filled with good, good people. My love for this place and the people and our Savior burns right through my skin, making me lebih hitam (more black) by the minute. I am happy here J

Word of the week: merinding. I first heard this word as Pak Joko was trying to explain to us how he felt when he reads the Book of Mormon.. In his words: “Apa ya, I feel ‘merinding’. Like my skin, and my hair, itu berdiri.. (uhh it stands up)! And then my heart feels at peace. I feel happy!” And the second time this week, was a lovely Mbak who described her feelings as the same, as she read from the Intro and Testimony of Joseph Smith in the Book of Mormon. Merinding, ladies and gents, means GOOSEBUMPS!! Hahahaha how LEGIT!!! Goosebumps, goose pimples, the heebee jeebees, whatever you call them, waadddu. When your investigators tell you that they get the goosebumps when they read the Book of Mormon, and that their heart feels peace and joy, it is the ultimate testament that the Holy Ghost testifies of truth. And everyday, introducing the Kitab Mormon, is an absolute pleasure because I know with all of my heart that the Book of Mormon is the word of God! It is God’s way of providing safety and strength for the soul, and the fruits of the Spirit- joy, love, peace, goodness- are constantly felt as we read the Book of Mormon.

Quicky update;
Yang pertama, we had Zone Conference in Jawa Timor this last weekend, and it was wayyy legit as always. I am in the smallest zone- only Surabaya, Malang, and Manado missionaries- so it’s super neat to get to know everyone and work and grow together.The biggest thing I got from PLD is how on the mission, it is up to us to decide- who do I want to become? Not only with life on the mission, but after too, who do I want to become? It is not a matter of comparing ourselves to other people, but it is a matter of becoming like our Savior Jesus Christ. We can all change! That is why I am so thankful for Jesus Christ and His Atonement, in which He enables us to change. *que ch ch ch ch channngeeeesss by david bowie..*
“You are the sum total of all you have thought, done, said, seen, heard, and felt in this life and before. You change immediately with each good thought, each good act, every good word changes you for the better. When you willingly obey the principles of the gospel, you are changed by the Spirit of God to become like Jesus Christ.”

Yang kedua, our wonderful Mbak Yandel will soon enter the waters of baptism! We had the most amazing, seriously, the coolest lesson, with her on Tuesday. And she really is so luar biasa. I love her tons, and I am short w/time but next week I will really tell you her story, because she really is one of the Lord’s elect. We are so stoked for her!! Our ward plays volleyball together on Saturdays, and when we invited her she says: “Oh, I want to so badly! But I can’t, I don’t want to get sick or hurt before my baptism yeah?” SO CUTE:”) 

Yang ketiga, we got a referral the other day who described this Ibu as ‘one who is Christian, and speaks English bc her husband is a bule’, and so we went and found her. Turns out, this Ibu’s husband passed away awhile ago, but she lived in America for 31 years.. and her husband is from.. wait for it.. SALT LAKE CITY!!?! Her husband is MORMON!! Here we are, in the middle of Malang, meeting a woman who’s husband & whole fam in Utah is Mormon. Crazzzy small world and SO LEGIT, we are way stoked to teach her again next week. 

Time is flyin, I am cryin!! Happy 8 months to those who entered the MTC on Dec 7 2016, you all know who you are<3 Shoutout to my Indo, Malay, Thai, Cambodian Elders and Sisters. Keep on keeping on!!!

Don’t forget your brown sister is lovin you and praying for you from afar! Catch ya up next week!

Dengan kasih, Sister Ratu minuman (indonesians think this is the funniest joke cuz ratu means queen and minuman is drink.. queen drink?? Ha ha ha, gotta love indonesian humor ;)) )


greatest people! members & yandel <3

the Elders, also my good pals, in Manado who are teaching my family there! Such a miracle :))

Sistas in Jawa Timor Zone

district fam

starjump.. attempt.. 

Gereja dengan Yandel :)

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, happy 8 months to the MTC FAM!! You all ROCK.


No comments:

Post a Comment