Sunday, August 13, 2017

aku anak siapa?? ALLAH! - July 30

Piye kabare homedoges yang terkasihku<3 
Another week in the land of Arema and loving it as much as I love sate and sambal.This week has been on the rougher side, but nevertheless, the Lord’s work must go on, and He continues to bless us unceasingly.  

HAHA I actually have time to write a real email hashtag bless the freak up!!

On the 25th of Juli,I realized that a year ago, I joyfully opened my call to the INDONESIA JAKARTA mission! One year ago! Buset, time flies. I will never forget that day and all the feelings I felt. I will never forget the way my heart was so filled with peace, and joy, and excitement as I read my call. I feel so blessed, soo blessed to be here. It is an undescribable kind of joy to help people feel of our Savior’s love and to find everlasting happiness through His gospel. Without a doubt, I have a testimony that Heavenly Father, He knows each of us personally. He knows every detail in each of our lives. I know that our prophet, Thomas S Monson, is called of God, and His apostles as well. There is no way that anyone could have known my life in such depth and detail, besides Heavenly Father, and I feel as He sent me to Indonesia to not only preach the restored gospel and remind His children who they are, where they come from, and where they’re going, but to also remind me the same- who I am, where I come from, and where I am going.I am here on a mission because once missionaries knocked on my door, 12 years ago, and changed my family’s life by introducing us to the gospel of Jesus Christ. And once, a dear friend, went on a mission 7 or so years ago, and introduced the gospel to my grandparents in Indonesia. And now, I have only seen countless blessings that have come from missionary work, and I am forever thankful and forever indebted to the Lord’s goodness to my family and I!  

RENCANA ALLAH
Who are you? A child of God! Where did you come from? And where are you going? Questions that seem to poke at all of our souls. One of my favorite moments this week was during a lesson the other day with one of our investigators. When we talked about the  Pre Earth Life, he seemed to have a feeling of confusion on his face, and then a feeling of peace when we described that we lived there as spirits, with our God and Christ, and with our family and friends. Then he asked, “So you're saying we all knew each other before this? And we knew God and Christ too?” and we said that of course we did. And then he asked “And He made this Plan for us, so that we can go home?” And then we said again, “Yes, yes He did!” 

At this moment, it made me really think and my heart was filled with joy because how wonderful! God loves us so much, He has literally prepared a way for us to return to Him- a way for us to come home. After all, we really are all just walking each other home- to our Father in Heaven and to our Savior, Jesus Christ.    

ANGKOT MOMENT
We are heading over to our investigator’s house who lives jauh bangeeett. And as we are talking to those around us, we soon ended up with an angkot filled with a family who wasn’t very interested in our message. So my homecomp, Sis Rowntree and I are sitting there, a little in the dumps, and thinking of the couple of investigators we might have to stop seeing since they are not keeping commitments.The huge family gets off, and one girl ends up staying on the angkot with us.. score..totally thought she was a part of that family. SHE WASN’T! She was glowing. The Spirit punched me in the gut and told me to ask her, “Mau ke mana?”(where are you going?) and then instead she smiles at me and says “Mau ke mana?” 
*que choir of angels*
(If you have seen the Best 2 Years, during his prayer he gets his call from his investigator right after he prayed for him to call. It was that kind of a Hallelujah moment)  

And after, without me saying anything about that golden contact, my homecomp looks at me and said “Sister, I felt that too.” The Spirit was begggging us to talk to her, better yet she contacted us instead!We are way excited to teach her. True indeed that Heavenly Father places people in our paths.  
That’s a lil snippet of the week in the life. Lovin it and livin it and never forget that the Lord has a Plan much bigger than yours! I have absolute faith that when things seem to fall apart, that they are only falling into place of Heavenly Father’s great plan for the each of us.
1 nefi 9:6 !!

La la la loooooveee youu!!!
Selemat summer! Jump in the ocean for me and eat Thrifty’s ice cream!!

Xo
Sister Ratu minuman ;)

Quotes of the week:
“Ibu! Anda cantik banget!”-me
“Kok, kapan???”- Ibu

“They’re waving us over like angkots.”- Sis Rowntree

“I’m a banana. Kenapa kacang? (why NUT hahahah)”- Elder Subagio







No comments:

Post a Comment