Sunday, August 27, 2017

ALL YA NEED IS LOVE! 27 August 2017

Sugeng enjang homedoges yg terkasihku,

Yg pertama, BRENBREN, kakaku, happy 25th birthday! I love you with my whole heart and wish you a day filled with pizookies and laughter. Happy 1 year to my big sis Bren and brother in law Mac of MARRIAGE too! LOVE YOU GUYS!! :””)

This week in AREMA-
1-      Met (3) 82 year olds this week. One of them gladly adopted me as his child. Pak Yohanes Bakar. He is a good man.. “INI ANAKKU!!!”
2-     Mystery meat on the daily. A golden nugget of advice I received before the mish was “Whatever meat they give you, don’t question it. Just eat it.” This week, I did not heed to that counsel. I asked what it was.. it was cow tongue. It was good though, just add sambal and everything is all good in the hood!!
3-      Just feelin super thankful to be here in Indonesia. I have felt my Savior’s love in every crazy, subtle, or large, weird, happy ways. Like the smiling faces on the street, and through every person I meet. God’s love for each of us is soooo real and so tangible!
Sis Yandel, our angotta baru, is wayy luar biasa. She is already an impecable missionary- giving us her friends we can visit, and talking about the Book of Mormon and testifying of it to her neighbors and all. We have three new investigators who are so solid because of her! And the Elders have one too!

Something that touched my heart that she told us this week- “Sisters, I know God sent me you two. I know He already arranged it all out. It was His Plan. Because through you two, I felt God’s love. Through you, I was able to find truth. Through you, I was reminded that- wow, of course God loves me! Of course He knows me. He has not forgotten me.”

OH, MY HEART! I was like- NO way, we needed you!! I have learned soo much from her, and the Lord is already using her as a tool to continue His work in sharing the gospel! She ROCKS. Love her TONS!! It just made me think of how important our responsibilty is to truly just love the way that Christ does. We as members of the Church of Jesus Christ, have taken a covenant to literally stand as a witness of God at all times and all places- so what better way to represent Him and our Savior than through love!?

Malang is the best, and I am lovin life here J

THANKS FOR THE PRAYERS AND SUPPORT! I feel it all and I am soo thankful.
HOPE UR WEEK AS AS HAPPY AS PUPPIES AND THE INDO PEOPLE MAKE ME! 

LOVE YA DENGAN SEGENAP HATIKU,
Sis Ratu J

Quotes:
“The love you show them will be their first experience with Christlike love.”- Russell M Ballard

“Your English is really good!”-bule
“Thanks, I’m from California!”-me
(This happens to me almost everyday when I talk to tourists/foreigners)

“Jangan malam2, gak bisa kelihatan. Chuman bisa lihat mata dan gigi ya??” (Don’t be out too late, or you won’t be seen. Only your eyes and teeth!”- Pak Waluyo to my homecomp & I (we are a very dark companionship HAHAHAhahah)

“Janganlah  takut, percaya saja!”- Der Sawg (Don’t be scared, just believe!)

“Asli mana? (where are you from)?”-him
“Amerika.”- me
“Tapi.. (But..)”- him
“Ya, orangtuaku asli Indone..(My parents are from Indo..)”- me
“OH MAKANYA. BEGITULAH. Roh Kudus barusan kasihtahu aku itu.”- him (OH YA, the Holy Ghost actually just told me that). 

No comments:

Post a Comment