Thursday, March 30, 2017

WEEK 3: I am as black as the concrete

Every day here is as sweet as can be. I really love serving here in the wonderful land of SOLO JEBRES! How do I even sum up every week? I really do not know how to sum up this week, because every day is just a new and crazy adventure with lots of highs and lows and it really is just so amazing!

Indonesia.. is AMAZING! I fall in love with the people and everything about the country and more every single day! Here are some fun facts!
1- everyday is so hot! I am so dark now (sorry mom and dad) and everyone tells me to wear a jacket because I am too hitam (black) LOL. When I say I am from Indo and America, they all think I am related to Obama... nah man, no i am not HAHA
2- the people here are the most humble, most kind, most loving humans ever. they will let us in, and offer us drinks and food, even when they live in a teeny tiny home with barely anything. 
3- everyone works soo hard. so hard. it is incredible. and being in a third world country makes me think of how blessed we seriously are to have the little things like clean water, and clean food, and no mosquitoes, etc. also makes me feel so blessed to have eyebrows to avoid the sweat from dripping in my eyes hahahhahaha
4- biking the streets of solo is still quite an adventure. near death expertiences every day are given, but i am telling you- God is protecting me big time! I know He protects His missionaries for sure, and also, I feel your prayers from home! Thank you so much for your love and support, it means so much to me.
One experience this week I would like to share with ya! So yes, as you know, everyday I need to explain to every single person I meet as to why I look like an Indonesian and how my dad is from Bali, mom is from Manado, I was born in America, etc. So clearly I am still learning the language. I have a better clarity of understanding some things- not all for sure. But we were contacting some people in this warung, and I was soooo nervous to contact. I literally felt so afraid to speak to someone because I knew my language wasnt perfect. But then the though came into my head from Elder Hollands "Open Thy Mouth" talk- IF YOU WANNA PUNCH SATAN IN THE FACE, OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND TESTIFY OF OUR SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!!" And you know I did!! Take that Satan!! And that afternoon we contacted five people, shared our testimonies and the book of mormon, and got their numbers and addresses!! I know for a fact that Heavenly Father blesses us if we are obedient and willing to do what is asked! I know He will fill our mouths with the right words in order the help His children come unto Jesus Christ!!
Anyways- I am sorry no pictures this week because we are emailing in a sketch warnet. But next week for sure!! Just imagine some pictures of me drenched in sweat with a smile on my face and a coconut water and kitab mormon in my hand, going no hands down a hill on my bike ;)
I am so happy to be serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of L:atter Day Saints! I feel so blessed to be an instrument in His hands and to love and testify to God's children here in Indonesia. The work is so good, so hard, so amazing, and so incredible! A great and marvelous work INDEED!!!
ps- every one here reminds me of someone in my family.. ex: david, shout out to the little brother, there are sooo many teenagers that look like you here AND IT FREAKS ME OUT HAHAH IM LIKE YO THATS MY BROTHER EXCEPT HE SPEAKS INDONESIAN WAAADDDDUUUDUU!!!!??!
SAYA MENGASIHI ANDA!!!
hati hati, MAKAN NASI!
Sister Ratunuman :)

No comments:

Post a Comment