Wednesday, March 8, 2017

WEEK 1: INDO FREAKIN NESIA!!!!

hello!! Sister Ratunuman reporting LIVE in the motherland...

Indah Indonesia!!!

I am soooo happy to be here!! After a long long long day of flights, we finally made it. Feeling soo hashtag blessed. From SLC to LAX, LAX to HONGKONG, HONGKONG to JAKARTA!! Meeting a cute Indo family along the way and Thai flight attendants was such a tender mercy too!! Embarking this great adventure with my bffs, Sis Nuku and Elder Nielsen of course. And I apologize, this email will be a little short cuz I am short on time, but know that I am just living the life here. I love being a missionary here and I love everything here.

If I were to put every cute little Indonesian in my pocket, I would weigh a 1000 pounds and If I were to describe what an angkot (mini vans that go around town and stuff people in HAHA) and bus rides here, I would say- close your eyes and imagine that you are on the Indiana Jones ride in Disneyland, surrounded by sweaty people, and smiling faces.. Hahaha all I can say is INDONESIA IS SO NUTS I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!! Indos just smile and wave and say 'pagi' or 'siang' and its soo great. Everyone is so nice. Americans need to do that more hahahah. 

so yeah,
angkots are so crazy, probably the highlight of my day everyday is getting in this van that swerves from here to there, stuffed with people. the traffic here is worse than california.. that is BAD haha and there is no such thing as driving regulations.. People are everywhere!! Which is the best part. It is so easy to walk down the street and smile and greet everyone you meet. Everyone is so friendly and loving and kind, even when they talk to a coconut like me. (coconut- brown on the outside, and clearly white and american on the inside)

THE FOOD HERE IS SOMETHIN ELSE!!! It is soooooo awesome. Everyday is quite the adventure. For reals, I havent smiled and laughed and sweated and dwelt in my confusion so much in one week hahahahah.

Every day is a blessing to wake up here and to testify of Jesus Christ everyday!!  I LOVE INDONESIA!!! And I am so blessed and so thankful that I get to serve here!! I am so thankful for the experience I had in Logan. The people there blessed my life immensely. And I am so thankful to be here. I am so thankful to be learning the lagunage, slowly but surely, and above all, I am so thankful to serve Gods children here in Indonesia. 

"Behold I am a disciple of Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of Him to declare His word among His people, that they might have eternal life."- 3 Nephi 5:13

Anywho, I love you all! Thank you for the support and the love!! 
PEACE UP TALK TO YA NEXT WEEK!!!!
Oh and I was serving in Jakarta this week waiting for my travel permit, and I am going to my first area tomorrow (Monday)- SOLO!!!!! STOKED OUTTA ME MIND!!! 
love you guys!

dengan kasih,
your indo sis
Sister Ratunuman






No comments:

Post a Comment