Sunday, May 6, 2018

Surga is MANADO. 6 Mei 2018

Heaven is Manado!

My Oma Elisabeth! I love her so so much.


My sweet fam & friends,

We had Zone Conference this last week, so I had the chance to go to JOGYA for a couple of days. We visited Borubudur as a Jawa Tengah/Timur Zone, and it was the greatest PLD yet. From Jakarta to Jogya, to Jogya to back to Jakarta and then finally off to Manado! We got to Manado at 2 am on Friday.. and so far, it's been so amazing!

Why do I love Manado??? It's a city filled with literally ALL of my favorite things into ONE. 
The ocean, mountains, trees, coconuts, fish, I get to ride my bike again:), dogs, killer sunsets, and of course, MY FAMILY IS HERE!!! Manado is straight outta Tarzan, and everyday as I'm riding my bike, my comp asks me: "Sister, anda ketawa atau menangis???" (Sister, are you laughing or crying?) Haha, Sister Mentari is the best. 

BOTH, MY SISTER, I AM LAUGHING AND CRYING BECAUSE I FEEL SO THANKFUL TO BE HERE! It still feels like a dream, and the best part is, I GET TO TEACH MY FAMILY!!!

On Sabtu, we had the chance to visit my Oma in Airmadidi (my mom's side), and then we visited my Oma and Opa in Tondano (my dad's side). It was such a joyful reunion, and it was really the coolest thing to actually understand what they were saying, and they actually understood me. The first time I met them, we didn't really communicate well, hence I was a month old in Indo. But kemarin, we were able to teach about temples, and family history, and we got a bunch of names and dates down. 

I loved being able to just listen to my grandparents and hear their stories. They told me about my dad/mom growing up, and my grandparents told me stories from their youth, and how they met, and etc. Everything I have wanted to hear my whole life!

My whole life I have wondered who my family is, and who I really am.. and I feel very blessed that Heavenly Father has given me the chance to get to know who I am and where I am from on Earth and get to know my earth-ly roots, and that I am also able to help my family understand who they reallllly are as a child of God and His Plan for them, and help them understand their divine roots. 

His Plan is perfect! I can go on and on about Manado and my family and how true the Gospel is. 

I love you all so much! 
Baku dapa lagi :)

Wish I could send more pics, but this warnet isn't loading anything :(

<3 Sister Ratu 

1- Jogya :)



No comments:

Post a Comment