Sunday, August 20, 2017

MERDEKA 20 August 2017

On the 4th of Juli in America, we say MURICA. On the 17th of Agustus in Indo, we say MERKEKA!! so HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY TO INDONESIA!!
What a time to be alive. Red and white banners, flags, people, food, very loud music and fireworks, going off allll week long, and even after too. As I bike down the streets here, I can't help but quote my beloved childhood friend, Hilary Duff- "Hey now, hey now. This is what dreammmmsss, are made of." Yes, dreams are all made in Indonesia ;;))
A very clasisc Indo tradition on the 17th of Agu is to have 'lomba lomba's which are like contests and they are wayyy fun. I proudly participated in a watermelon eating contest- where you pick out all the seeds and eat the rest of the watermelon. And as you know SIS RATU LOVES HER WATERMEL
ON AND YE aku menang! haha I won! #callmesissemankaaja
On a spiritual note- we found a man who is 'haus untuk kebenaran'. It was truly a miracle, the way we found him. He just poured out alll of the questions of his soul like- "There's the Bible, but shouldnt there be more, or something to support it, for us in these days?" and "There was Adam and Eve, but I think that we were somewhere before that.. do you know what I mean? What do you think?" and the coolest- "I feel like I only have a snippet of truth, but I don't feel like I have the fullness of it."
AND WE'RE LIKE.. UHH.. YA... WE KNOW THE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS! YOU CAN FIND THEM IN THE KITAB MORMON!! It was a really intense, very spiritual lesson with him. and I know with my whole heart that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. That it answers the most sincere questions of our soul, IF we follow Moroni's promise. In which, we need to- read with a sincere heart and real intent, ponder, and ask the source of all truth, God. And through the power of the Holy Ghost, you WILL recieve an answer to those questions.
THE WORK IS ALIVE & THRIVING HERE IN INDO AND ALL OVER THE WORLD. 
Sending you all my love and prayers!
dengan kasih & makan nasi-
SIS RATU :)





No comments:

Post a Comment