Saturday, June 10, 2017

Selamat Ramahdan!!! - May 28

OKEE this week was CRAY CRAY!! 

1- It's the most wonderful time.. of the year! The wonderful Muslim people are fasting for this month, and it just started the other day. Which means all morning, and all afternoon, we are struggling hardcore to find food. It has been quite an adventure, and I think I have already lost a couple kilos from lack of food, and just an immense amount of water in my system hahahaha. 

2- We had a MISSION WIDE conference this week. We all berkumpuled in Jakarta and heard from two General Authorities, Elder Soares and Elder Wong. I came into the meeting with a huge prayer in my heart, and let me tell you, all the questions that I had, were answered. Very, very, specific answers and I was so overwhelmed with gratitude and joy. I know that Heavenly Father has showed us the way to happiness.. it is only through this gospel! And I am so grateful to be His representative and to share this glorious message with the beautiful people in Indonesia :,,,))) 

3- We had TRANSFERS. I am still in Jebres with SISTER TANNER!! She is actually the best, and we cried happy tears when we found out we would be together. There are many reasons why I love her- she wears jandals, she is a ginger, she is hilarious, hard working, weird, and so fun. JANDALS LOVIN GINGER REKANKU. We made some really solid goals this transfer and I am so stoked to see what the Lord has in store for us here in Jebres this transfer :)) 

4- Let the Holy Spirit guide!! We had an experience this weekend where we were trying to find Bro Soetamans house and for some reason, I felt the need to take a way that I have never taken before. I am still getting used to these streets, and my new comp has no idea where to go. As we are biking along, I made a wrong turn, realized it was wrong, but had the thought that 'every wrong turn leads to somewhere'. So as we kept going, I see this man in the distance.. and it was Bro Soetaman! He was out working, and if I had not payed attention to that still small voice, then we wouldn't have found him. We had a beautiful lesson with him, and he also came to church the next day! At the end of the lesson, he asked us, "But how did you find me?" and we told him that it was only through the still small voice of the Holy Ghost. 

I LOVE JEBRES! I love being a missionary. I love Indonesia. I love the heat and the rain and I love everything about this place. Most importantly, I love my Savior and I feel so thankful to represent Him and share HIs message every single day. 

I love you all with all my heart!
Jangan lupa bahagia :") and that it is ok to cry happy tears all the time bc I do :")


PICS: uh captions not in order hahaha my B
I was reunited with my soul sister, Sister Nuku, and our MTC saudara, Elder Nielsen. INDO TRIO REUNITED! 
SHOUTOUT to Elder Johnson, my homedoge & A1 from BYU- reunited once again!! :')
 And same with Elder Smith- SANTA MARGARITA STAKE REPRESENT!! I feel very grateful to have such wonderful people in this mission!! 
When ur neighbors have 2 huge mama snakes ???? 












and yes that is a pic of a squished rat and me and my comp SOAKED FROM THE RAIN HAHA




can you tell I am excited that I got a UKULELE IN INDONESIA??????????!?!?!??!?!
!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?









No comments:

Post a Comment