Sunday, March 4, 2018

Great Aunt #2!!!! 4 Maret 2018



^ Pictured: the gang at MLC! Not pictured: Our new mission president and wife, President & Sister Subandriyo. We will miss President & Sister Rowley so much, but I know that the Lord needs them serving in the Singapore mission. Sure do love them!
THISSSS WEEEKKKK INNN JAKARRRTTTAAAA SELATAAANNNNNNN:
FIRST, this week I met ANOTHER one of my great aunts. I am pretty sure that's who she is..
My Opa is the younger brother of her father?? Do ya know what I mean??

But yeah, that was pretty insane! Her name is Mama Linda, she is from Tondano, Manado, and she was in Jakarta for the weekend. My other great aunt (the first one I met) Nancy, calls me and tells me Linda is in Jakarta and wants to meet me. So we head over to KoCas, meet at Wingstop (YES, WINGSTOP HAHAH. aka my first job as a 16 yr old and where Bren met her husband hahaha), and Linda tells me all these stories of her youth growing up with my dad and his twin! It was so crazy and so beautiful alll at the same time. She used to live in the apt. complex I live in right now when she was my age, and my dad and Maxi were living here at the time too. It was another moment on the mission where my testimony of God's Perfect Plan was strengthened in my life. A moment that testified to me of the importance of families and how the Gospel is exactly what will enable us to become an eternal family! We had the chance to share a bit of the Plan of Salvation with her, and I know I will see her again!
Linda gave me a rundown of our family history (that she knows of) and it has been such a blessing to slowly but surely pick pieces up and put them together.. cuz before the misi, I HAD NO IDEA what my family history was! I have felt very strongly that Indo really is my home, and not only that, but along the way, I have learned who I really am, and who my family really is. And to me, that is the one of the most incredible blessings!
SECOND, our incredible investigator, Elisabeth, came to church and brought her family! We have been trying soooo hard to get her to come, and she FINALLY CAME! I honestly teared up seeing her and her family walk in because Elisabeth has gone through so much, and she is really growing so much too. She even bore her testimony of the divinity of God and how she feels that this gospel is true.
There's so much work to be done here, and I feel blessed to be here everyday! This is the Lord's work!
Sending ya all my love from Indo to wherever you are!!
xo Sister Ratu <3 

I love you all and am grateful for the support and prayers!
1- WINGSTOP IN INDO HAHA
2- MAMA LINDA!
3- Elisabeth!!! Our beautiful friend from Iran :)
4- bball jamz

5- livin large in LA ;)
6- fave person... Adel <3
7- jakarta<3
8- benny & the power of the UKE & primary songs !











No comments:

Post a Comment