Saturday, January 28, 2017

Weeks 6/7: Sampi Jumpa MTC & Frozen Lil Piggies

APA KABAR KELUARGA?!?!?!?

(disclaimer: longest email I have ever sent SO IM SORRY HAHA THIS IS A NUTSHELL OF TWO WEEKS)

Sorry I haven't  been able to email in two weeks because last week I was heading out that morning and didn't have time! But- this week's email title is brought to you because: my last week at the MTC with my beloved teachers and missionaries there. And, frozen Lil Piggies because that is a literal and 110% accurate description of my feet for the last week since I have been temporarily reassigned to the Utah Logan mission until my VISA comes in. I have no idea when it comes in.. they could call me tomorrow or in 3 or 6 weeks.. so I'm living like everyday is my potential last day here which means I'm working with all of my heart and soul!!

So yes indeed, it has been a really crazy two weeks!!! BUT IT'S ALSO BEEN SO GOOD CRAZY UPS DOWNS HOTS AND COLDS ERRTHANG.

Last week at the MTC: The last 6 weeks of training here have been such an amazing experience. I am forever thankful for my hard working and hilarious teachers and missionaries that I have met there. Shout out to our Southeast Asia Zone- every single one of you have a special spot in my heart!! Thank you for your testimonies and love, and now I have a little piece of each of you in my heart (insert happy tears) Whenever I see bananas here, I try to call someone with it, and no one else thinks it's funny HAHAHA I don't know what's wrong with people, it's hilarious! Cambodia, Thailand, Hmongland;), Malaysia, & Mongolia are going to get the greatest missionaries yet. Keep working hard and playing hard! Drink your chocolate milk, make banana phone calls, play four square and v ball, read your scriptures, speak your language, love love love, with all of your heart, continue to trust in our Savior & Heavenly Father!

Last weekend: There were 5 of us leaving. 2 malay sistas- sis Hoeft & huey, and then the Infamous Indo trio- sis Nuku & I, and our solo Elder Nielsen. We were planning on heading out to Malay and Indonesia together on Monday.. but the Friday before, the Indo Trio got letters after lunch informing us that we have been temporarily reassigned because our Visa didn't come in. Sis Nuku & I are serving in Logan together which is such a blessing, but our Elder is reassigned to Seattle and we sure do miss him! Kami mengasihi anda dan kami semangat bertemu lagi di Indonesia! This meant we needed to find winter clothes asap.. and luckily the MTC let us borrow snow coats for now!! To be honest this was a rough adjustment and I was pretty discouraged.. but I know God has a plan! Our Visas will come in His timing and there are God's children everywhere that need to hear this gospel. 

Logan Utah Mission: WADU IT IS A BIT NIPPY OUT! Our first day, it was a whopping 0 degrees. And it's always snowing a ton! More than I have ever seen in my life, but then again I am from southern California soooo.... My first area is called Pleasant view and my trainer is Sister Broyles. If you happen to see a black moving blob in a midst of a snow storm, that is Sister Ratunuman for ya!! If you don't know where Logan is, it's northern Utah and a lot colder than Provo hahaha. The members here are so kind. They take good care of us. The area varies from well off families to struggling and very poor. Most of the time, we are in the trailer homes park where many aren't members, have drug problems, family problems, and what not, and it's extremely powerful to listen to their story and tell them that there is a God that knows and loves them. There is a lot of work to be done here.

Comp: sis nuku, my soul sista/rekan saya, is in my zone, and we get to do language study together which is super nice. I love seeing her and it is a tender mercy that we get to serve here in Logan and eventually in Indonesia too :) missing my old comp, but new comp is good. We have our differences and I'm trying my best to patient and loving! It's funny cuz all she talks about is her boyfriend who she wants to marry when she's off her mission (she has 10 months left..) and I'm here talking about all the cute dogs we see in all the homes HAHA. She farts a ton too, sorry totally unnecessary but also necessary because someone please send me Febreze SOS.... I need a gas mask!! I wouldn't mind if she gave me warnings, but she DOESNT!! don't worry I will bring this up in comp inventory 

Funny: -reactions I get when I say I'm from California (they expect me to say somewhere crazy cuz I'm brown lol)
- the attempts with my last name.. ex: ratunia, ratun, rat-atat, and the classic ratatouille
- lack of winter clothes I have and the amount of times I 'use the restroom' in a home only to dunk my feet in hot water to ease my frozen Lil Piggies toes Zhahahahahah
- the amount of dogs there are here.. everyone has one and it makes my heart happy
- the casual appearance of guns on tables in sketchy trailer homes hahaha they always say they gotta protect themselves late at night.. it isn't the safest area, but don't worry, they protect us haha
- my intro vs comps introduction: I love the beach, I love people, I love pugs and dogs, and I love to Rollerblade and I love playing the guitar and uke and I love music!" And "I'm so excited to marry my boyfriend who's almost home from his mission and we will get married right when I get home!"

and TENDER MERCIES:
- our recent convert Arlene, who has such a powerful testimony and so much faith in God. She literally has her dogs, and some change in her pocket, and she is willing to pay tithing. She wants to keep all His commandments and strive to give God her everything. Truly inspiring.
- members and investigators ask me to pray and bear my testimony in Indonesian and it's incredible how even though I speak a different language, the Spirit is still so strong.
- feeling God's love through the people I'm teaching and meeting. 
- committed Lynne to baptism on Feb 18th. Her whole family!! Seriously, so many happy tears, you have no idea. Her husband will baptize them!

This was a long email, I'm so sorry haha. This was two emails in one so my B;)
I know that this is in God's plan and everyday I'm learning so much more of how to teach, act, think, and love as our Savior Jesus Christ does. Missionary work is really tough, but i have literally felt God's arms wrapped around me and I have felt Jesus Christ beside me as I plow through the snow to find people to serve and teach and love. It would mean the world to me if you all could just pray for the people here in Logan and in Indonesia!! There are people ready to hear the gospel of Jesus christ, and we've found a couple, but I know there's more!

I love you with all of my heart.
Saya mengasihi anda dengan semua hati saya.

Christ lives. Turn to Him. God hears you. Pray for His guidance and strength!

Dengan kasih,
Sister Ratunuman 

New address: 434 West Elberta, Pleasant view, UT 84414
If you love me, send me mail <3











No comments:

Post a Comment