Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Week 8: Tis I, Sister Ratatouille

What is up keluarga saya!! Sista Vinny in the house!!! 

Week 2 in ye olde Pleasant View in the land of North Ogden is one for the books. A few things I've learned: no one can still say my last name, so I am known as Sister Ratatouille or Sister who is waiting for her Visa. A senior couple in my district, Sister Richie, calls me Sister Mouse-A-Old-Woman - instead of Sister Rat-A-New-Man. The people here are funny. There is another Pacific Islander Elder in my area, and whenever members or kids see us in the same room, they all say "You guys could be related!!" HAHA actually, no we are not, we are just both brown!! I love it. It kills me everytime. It's always a good time being the minority. #proud2bebrown 

Oh, it snowed a ton this week! Apparently, this is the most snow they've gotten in years. And let me tell ya, most snow I've ever seen in my whole life. There's a lot and it's real nippy out here too. The coolest thing about Pleasant View is that there are unlimited Popsicles here. Seriously, under the roof and under the cars, under the staircases. They're everywhere. Great afternoon snack! (Click on first attachment below) 

Another hard week, but every day I continue to see God's hand in my life. 
Some miracles: 
- Rosa is on baptismal date for February 18! She is a very humble, loving, and kind woman. She has been praying for a date to be baptized on, and we committed her to the 18th. She is very faithful in following Jesus Christ, and she is always on top of her scripture reading and praying everyday. I am truly so happy for her!!  Last week, Lynne and her daughter Savannah also committed to getting baptized on February 18th. Miracles!! So many tears of joy! 

- We met a man from Burman(country next to Thailand) at a sushi stand in a grocery store. He came to the USA, knowing no English, and he is the only Christian in his Buddhist family. He loves Jesus Christ, and he is interested in hearing our message about Christ. I am so excited to help him! He doesn't know a ton of English, so I am praying that simple words and the power of the Spirit will get our message across. 

Tender Mercies: 
Blue bird skies on a snowy day!! Pretty sure that's the term haha. It sure is a tender mercy to have the sun out and blue skies after days of snow storms!! I cried happy tears when the sun was out, no joke. My comp just stared at me like I was crazy.. who am I kidding, I am crazy LOL but HALLLLOOO MATAHARI!! ANDA ADALAH TEMAN TERBAIK SAYA!!! 
- a very kind stranger gave us cafe Rio gift cards.. more tears of gratitude... Oh sister Nuku and I finally went to cafe Rio together:,) we have been talking about going for the last 6 weeks, you know it was a happy moment! 
- seeing my beloved rekan saya- sis Nuku so often and studying Bahasa Indonesia together and eating chocolates together hahaha forever my soul Sister 
- a very sweet member who literally has a chocolate factory down stairs hahah she gave us some of her chocolates and bread sticks <3 
- FINALLY GOT SOME SNOW BOOTS HAHA NOW MY FROZEN SAUSAGE TOES WILL BE WARM MCDONALD'S BFAST SAUSAGE TOES! A nice grandma from the ward lent me them. They look like Napoleon Dynamite's moon boots, so I'm pretty pumped about that. (Click on second attachment below)
- and of course, my loyal friends that send me pictures of pugs. It's the little things!!

Funny:
- We met the sweetest old lady who lives across the street. She just sits on her chair and crochets, and watches the world go by through her window. She told us that she watches us leave every morning and always thought elders picked us up.. HAHAHA, we told her no, that isn't allowed at all!! Too funny. She's a member, and she's our new best friend. 

Spiritual:
In all honesty- I have never experienced more stress, more frustration, and I've never cried as hard and more often than I have ever done so in my life. But I've learned that as I study and ponder more, fast with purpose, and pray harder and more often than I have ever before.. I have felt more joy, more love, more peace, and I've learned to love people in every situation I find them. I have felt God's help. If you're struggling, I know that God will send His angels to be with you. He will not leave you comfortless. D&C 84:88!! Christ said to his disciples," Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you. Not as the world giveth, as I give unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

The greatest lesson I learned this week and continue to remind myself everyday is: forget yourself, and remember Him, because He always remembers you. I am working in being patient with myself, and His Plan. I have realized that part of faith is realizing that everything will be taken care of. If you don't know what to do in any situation, don't worry. Revelation will come. Just have confidence that trials will bring blessings.

"Faith is not only trusting in His wisdom, but it is trusting in His love." Trusting that all the trials you face in life, are because He loves you, and He knows what's best for you. That the trials will build you into who He sees you to become for your eternal happiness.

Alma 26:11-12- 11
11 But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Jangan lupa bahwa Allah akan membantu anda dengan semua hal hal. Minta dan anda akan menerima! Saya mengasihi anda dengan semua hati saya:)

Have a blessed week!! I am praying for you all!! Don't forget to smile and don't forget to pray!! Pet a dog!!
Your favorite brown/home girl/sista missionary,
Sister Vinny Ratunuman!!

If you would like to make my hot (mail) bling, you know where to email me
If you would like to slide into my DM (direct mailbox), this is my address-
434 West Elberta, Pleasant view, UT 84414

I sure do love you! 

beloved doges of North Ogden 



snow men need the gospel too! 



my favorite kind of popsicle.. ice ice baby... (stop collaborate & listen....)



initial reaction when the sun decided to come out:))))



my Napoleon Dynamite moon boots HAHA so ugly I love it



 my beloved mtc zone!! Love you guys so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment