Saturday, February 11, 2017

Week 9: 30 DEGREES hash tag bless the freak up !!!

Another week in Pleasant view Utah, another new last name(s)!! Am I right or what?? Hahahaha. I also have learned that my eyes have their own bladders!! My heart tends to explode and so do my tear ducts hahahajajahaj hati saya !!

This week on Episode 9 of mission life of Sister Ratunuman..
Sister Ratunuman is now, according to some: 
1- Sister Raw tuna fish- name created by: beloved senior couple, Elder & Sister Richie, because they do not know how to pronounce Ratunuman of course
2- Sister Kristus...- name created by: Brother Nichols, because he forgot my last name, knew it was difficult, and read the 'Yesus Kristus' aka Indonesian part on my name tag hahahah 
3- Sister Ratta Fanta- name created by: my 5 year old bff, Lizzy, who loves Jesus Christ, mandarin oranges, and dogs as much as I do ;) 
Of course I don't mind any of this. I absolutely adore it when people call me something new. Just another one to add to the list and share with you all haha;) 

Funny story of the week:  we have the cutest, funniest, investigator- he's 11 and his last prayer after our lesson with him was: dear God, I would like to thank you for sending me the missionaries. For English muffins. For my dog Pheobe. And happy Yoshi day, God. Tell everyone in heaven to become a Yoshi and hug everyone for me please. Thank you for all blessings! In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!! Hahaha, sweetest kid. 

Update: 
After 3 weeks in the southern portion of Pleasant view, our mission president has moved us up to another portion of the city. Which means, new wards and a new building that we are in charge of! We still get to teach those from our old wards on baptisimal date which is great. Also a bit sad because we had to say goodbye to those we finished lessons with. I'm actually pretty excited about this change. I know that this is where God needs us to be and there are people to teach in this new part of town! 

Tender mercies/happy tears moments: 
- rosa and the cooks are making so much progress. They are still on date for the 18th! They continue to follow Christ and I always feel the Spirit so strongly as we meet and discuss gospel principles. 
- 30 degrees, sun out, beautiful blue skies, and snow. Warm enough to wear my wind breaker ooooo yeah baby miracles. I love you sunshine!!!
- for language study, Sister Nuku and I get to Skype our MTC teacher, brother rawle, for an hour once a week! It's such a blast and it's always so comforting to study bahasa everyday and continue to feel the Spirit πŸ’ƒ
- the new wards we are serving in!! The people are incredible!!
- met a family in the ward that found out we shared a common love for the guitar and ukulele.. and they continued to whip out 6 ukes!! We all got to sing and jam together, it was such a happy moment.
- I met a senior couple and a sister that served in malaysia!! They're in my new ward!! It was so exciting because we got to speak bahasa together and I cried so many tears of joy because geez whizzz I miss the language and it was SOO nice to finally meet someone, in utah (what are the odds) that speaks it. πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

🚨🚨🚨Attention to those who scroll down to the bottom of all missionary emails to just look at the pictures (you know who you are!!!) Please read this my friend: Me + more = Christ. This is the perfect lie that Satan draws all of us in. We think that if we do more, then we will be perfect as Christ is. If I pray more, read my scriptures more, go to church more, etc. Then I will be perfect as Christ.. that is the wrong equation!! The right equation is: me + christ = more. If I apply Christ into my life, then I will be more, because we really can't do life without Him. I really love my Savior Jesus Christ. If you don't know Him yet, please, get to know Him, dive into the scriptures, study His ministry, and His teachings.

"When we put Christ in His proper place, when we come to Him and get to know Him, there is nothing that He can’t equal us to. With Christ, we can be kinder. With Christ, we will feel loved. With Christ, we will always have a friend. With Christ, we will be happy.
For with Christ we are enough. We are powerful. We are more." 
Sweet fam and friends, this gospel is true. Jesus Christ is our Friend, Brother, our Savior, and Redeemer. Please seek for any chance you have to share your testimony of Christ with a family member, co worker, social media, etc.!! Missionary work is God's work and as we are instruments in His hands, He will always provide a way for us to share the gospel, if we seek it. 

So much peace and so many blessings!!
Saya mengasihi anda!! 

Dengan kasih, your blading brown sista,
Sister Ratunuman 




rekan saya & I found a piece of Indo in utahπŸ’“ can't wait for real mi goreng 

5 year old bff Lizzy


PV baby!

 my uke fam I found here!! Shout out to the OG uke fam, you know who you are:) 

thank you warmer weather 

my new pals 

hello mtv, welcome to my crib 

last lesson with Kayla:( such a sweet girl

Skype dengan brother Rawle untuk belajar bahasa indonesia!



And a link to my photos and vids !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment