Wednesday, April 5, 2017

WEEK 5: Long live HITAM MANIS



How goes it my lovely family and friends?!!

Every day is a blessing to be here in Indonesia. I do not think I can ever actually put into words how much I love this country and the people here. The people are so so amazing, truly, I have felt so much love for them and serving here has made me feel just a snippet of our Heavenly Father's incredible amount of love for each of His children.

 My love for the gospel is deepened everyday- the little things COUNT!! BY small and simple things are great things come to pass!! I have never experienced such power through reading my scriptures and pouring my heart out to Heavenly Father. I have literally felt His love so strongly!! With that comes a deeper love for our Savior Jesus Christ. I have a testimony that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that it will bring you to really know our Savior. If you don't know Him yet, please, GO AND SEEK HIM!! And of course, being in this lovely country has increased my love and appreciation for my parents, Meidy and Merchi Ratunuman <3 <3 <3

Sooooo many things remind me of you! Literally, I have a list of things in my journal called "Growing Up with Indonesian Parents" HAHAH from eating with our hands, taking our shoes off, certain slang words, certain foods like bakso, sate, mie goreng, yakult, etc., feeding people always hahah I just love it sooo much. One of my favorites- Mom and Dad called me Hitam Manis ALWAYS growing up/to this day. And now I come here, and everyone calls me that. Biking down the street, at church, with strangers, everywhere hahaha. (Hitam manis means like black and sweet and attractive, I agree with the black part, not sure about the other parts HA) but hitam manis taken literally tho, mosquitos will not give up on this piece of dark chocolate and if anyone has advice on how to prevent/treat mosquito bites PLZ SEND!! BUT OTHER THAN MOSQUITOES HAHA I LOVE EVERYTHING HERE! I JUST LOVE INDONESIA THIS PLACE IS SERIOUSLY AMAZING

Mom and Dad, thank you so much for all that you have done for our family. I really do love you so much. Every blessing I have experienced in my life comes from Heavenly Father, who blessed me with my parents, who were born and raised in this beautiful country, moved to America, and raised our family there. To be submerged in your country, and your culture, really has been amazing and has strengthened my sincere respect and love for you. So thank you so much, I love you so much! I know God's Plan is perfect, He needed you to go to America so we can find the gospel. And for that very same reason, I am here serving in Indonesia, to find those- such as us, who were seeking the gospel. The joy from this gospel of Jesus Christ is beyond my comprehension and I am just so thankful for it. 

MISSIONARY WORK IS SO GREAT! There is nothing I would rather be doing. Saya tahu bahwa injil ini dipulihkan dan juga bahwa Yesus kristus selalu berada untuk kita. Saya sangat bersyukur bahwa kita bisa hidup dengan keluarga kita selamnya melalui injil ini :) there is only one way to happiness, and that is through the gospel of Jesus Christ! 

I seriously love you so much!

dengan kasih, your hitam manis,
Sister Ratunuman 

INSERTED ARE SOME DOPE PIXS ENJOIIII FAMMMM ;) 


some cuties on the street:)


HAHA in n out, its like i never left home :)


 keeping away from the sun am i right??


my cute district


 sweet sites!












No comments:

Post a Comment