Tuesday, April 11, 2017

WEEK 6: "Oh yeah.. You're allergic to the sun"



This week in the land of Jebres, I found out that-
1) My skin does not do well here and I have broken out in heat rashes for the last month. Thanks to some handy dandy cream and some antibiotics, they have finally, ALAS, vanished, and now my skin is back to being irritated and itchy free. All this was due to an allergic reaction to the sun, according to the doctor in the apotik. He recommended me to wear a jacket (what's new) so I don't get any darker too HAHA
2) Martabak manis will change your life forever!!! I have never eaten something so delicious and so heavenly.  ENAK BANGIT 
3) SEPATU RODA (roller blades!!)The kids here know what's up and they blade the streets of Indonesia!! Hahaha, almost every street I go on, there is a group of kids just full on blade brigade. I would say it's a tender mercy ;) 
4)ok another tender mercy tho- ES KELAPA aka coconut drinks here are straight up the real thing. I had 4 in the last 2 days, and I am going to be drinking some more today. You know it baby!! I always thought coconut water was good, but here they are a dream :,) there's a coconut water man in front of the church, and I believe that before we enter the gates of heaven, the angels there will give us es kelapa as we stand in line ;) 
5) TRANSFERS and I am still in Jebres and yay, i really do love it here.

funny: We met a really nice old man, who gladly let us in and let us teach him. After the lesson, he put some oil on his hand and slapped our foreheads. I was so shocked and confused. He then adopted us as his cucus (his grandkids). It was possibly the funniest thing, but hey, now I have a godfather here!!

simpatisan: We met some Catholic Buddhists, two sisters, older, who still have a solid testimony of Christ, and are now practicing Buddhism. As we were getting to know them, they straight up said that they are looking for happiness, and peace, that is lasting and real. We were like OK YA LEMME TELL YA BOUT THE GOSPEL THO- and we were soo excited to teach them about the Book of Mormon, and the Plan of Salvation. It was so great and I am excited to watch them grow and learn in this gospel :)

With all fun and games aside, General Conference was so amazing and I am so so so thankful for this gospel. The overall theme that I picked up was Rencana Keselamatan aka Plan of Salvation. The Plan of Happiness!! Words can't describe my gratitude for the knowledge that God is our loving Heavenly father who wants us to return to Him and He has provided a way! Happiness comes from the gospel of Jesus Christ and I can testify that all my sources of true joy come from this gospel. I can truly say that the reason why I smile is because of this gospel, because of the knowledge that we can live with Him again, with our God, our families, forever, in eternal happiness :) Mosiah 2:41!!! 

anywho i love you and i pray for you every night!
dengan kasih,
Sister Ratunuman :)



because i miss sister nuku and love her!!

sister sri and her nasi goreng!! so yum

always comparing skin colors ;)

kitab mormon!!

 distrik!

THE REAL BLADE BRIGADE haha MY HEART <4

es kelapa 

 indo

biggest spider ive ever seen in my life.. i have never been so petrified hahaha. its squished here, but i swear it was almost the size of my hand

 ibu hyde!

No comments:

Post a Comment