Monday, November 7, 2016

One. More. Month!

Dang Gina!! November 7th marks one month till I enter the MTC on DECEMBER 7TH!!!

It seemed like yesterday when I opened my call and thought, "December 7th. I have awhile." And here I am, one month away. Time flies. Ok ok ok, I've basically gone through every single pre-mish phase possible.. From I'm pumped, I'm so ready to I am so incapable of this to I can't believe this is happening to I'm so excited to go mission shopping to I actually hate mission shopping to I'm so stressed to I really hope I don't have to eat dog to I hope I don't die from mosquitoes to I totally got this to I'M SO EXCITED TO SERVE THE LORD!!

I really really am. I am so excited. I know with all of my heart that this is what I need to do. I have felt His love so strongly and I am so thankful for Heavenly Father and His ability to truly make each of us feel loved, and how He truly answers our prayers. I am so thankful for a Heavenly Father who knows and loves each of us so deeply. He knows us individually!

These last couple of months before I leave have been very eye opening. I've learned a lot about myself and I've learned a lot about God and His perfect Plan. I know for a fact that God is always looking out for us, and His timing is perfect. I believe that there is a reason why I was called to serve in December. Although I was expecting to serve in October, hence my availability date was in October, I have come to understand and see His hand in my life. I think of the people He has blessed me with this last year and especially in the last few months. I was meant to meet them. I was meant to love them and care for them. I needed them and they've made a positive impact on my life. They've helped me to grow and learn certain things that I think would be important for me to take with me as I leave on my mission.

Confession: I'm the very worst at change and goodbyes.. It was hard for me to say goodbye to such good people. A couple of days ago, I had to say goodbye to some of my favorite friends, and I tried my best to suck it up, but you know me- tears spewing left and right haha. It was so good though. You know it's always good when good byes are hard because that just means you love them a whole lot. The last time I had a hard time saying good bye was the end of my senior year going to college. It was so hard for me.. but little did I realize how incredible that upcoming year at BYU would be. I feel like that's how goodbyes often are. They're sad, but in the long run, only better things are ahead for everyone. Heavenly Father's plan is a plan of happiness and the people I've met have made me happy.. and even though we might be going separate ways, it will always get better! A wise friend of mine once said "Sometimes you need to leave good things behind because better things are ahead." God is so good and His plan is perfect! I love my sweet friends in Provo, and it wouldn't be heaven without them. I know God placed each of them in my life for a very special reason and I couldn't be more thankful.

Here's to the last month of being a pre missionary!



No comments:

Post a Comment