Wednesday, October 26, 2016

The Power of Now

Here we are in the blessed month of October! The leaves are changing, the air is crisp, I can finally wear my flannels, and go on canyon drives, etc. With each month going by, I can't help but think- hey, one month closer to December!! I decided that I need to stop counting down the days. I need to make all the days count..

 "Embrace the current season of your life"- A quote my dearest best friend Sister Chadley Baker sent to me in an email one day

I know I need to remind myself often to embrace where I am right now in life. I'm waiting to go on a mission, but it is so wonderful. It is a time to prepare. A time to strengthen my relationship with Heavenly Father and a time to increase my knowledge and my testimony of Jesus Christ. This is a time for me to build up the relationships with those around me and to serve with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength- right now. I love my friends so dearly here in Ptown. My roomies, my Condo Row friends, my Lib Square friends, my Indonesian class homies, my coworkers. They're all so special to me and right now, I am doing my very best to serve them and to love them and to be here for them.

Embrace the time that each of us have right now. Ever so often, we get caught up in being nostalgic of the olden and golden times or vice versa- we get caught up in looking forward to the weekend, a birthday, Christmas, the end of the semester, and so on. It's a trap! Be thankful right here and right now. Put your phone down and take in all the time you've got with the person sitting next to you. Skip the nap and go outside. Be grateful for where you are in life. Be grateful for the people you have right now. Be present right here and right now. With November coming up, think of everything and everyone God has blessed you with. Show your gratitude for them by loving them and cherishing the time we all have now!

No comments:

Post a Comment